Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Tank Set-up

This is Squirts current tank, a 30 gallon. I have it filled with about 25-26 gallons of water. I am running a Fluval 2+ filter with the foam and carbon pads. It does a nice job of sucking everything up and cycles the tank water 4.36 times per hour. I have a light hood UVB set-up. It was a little more expensive buying the hood w/ light, but I feel it looks nicer than the ceramic clamp lamps. For basking heat I have a regular incandescent household bulb(60 watt) that is positioned over the basking area via a desk lamp. The desk lamp is perched on a 14" high piece of 3" diameter black PVC pipe, Which puts it at the perfect angle to sit above the basking area. 

I keep the water temperature at 78 degrees with a Theo Submersible heater.  The basking temp is about 86-90 degrees, And Squirt likes it that way. 

The bottom is some scattered river rocks with some slate slabs in between. The two tan pieces and the 3 black slabs you see are slate. 

Anyway, I think I have covered most of it. 

Thanks for reading. 

 

No comments: