Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sleeping dock

I am definately looking into the idea of getting Squirt a Sleeping dock. 

He seems to sleep just fine wedged in between his basking dock, and resting his back legs on a plant that is under his dock. He seems to like to be near the surface so that he can stick his head up when necessary for air. I just don't think it looks comfortable for him to be sleeping like that.

I am thinking of getting him a Repti Hammock, By ZooMed.  They are only about 5-7 dollars, depending on the size of the Hammock. I can get them from petsmart and it seems like a pretty good deal. 

I have also entertained building my own out of egg crate, suction cups, and dental floss. I saw a pretty sweet one made with these materials made by Bulldog, On the turtle times forum. It looks like a good idea. I just need to know where to get egg crate. (If anybody knows where to get egg crate and is reading this, Leave me a comment telling me where to get some. Thanks!!) 

Another thing I entertained was going to Target and buying a suction cup soap bar holder. I then would suction cup it in the tank a few inches under the water. However, I am unsure about the materials the soap holder is made of, and whether or not they are Aquarium safe. 

Anyway, I will write a part II of this when I decide what I want and what I decide on. 

No comments: