Monday, March 24, 2008

Above Tank Basking Area

I have though about making an above the tank basking area. However I have not actually put any of my thoughts into plans. 

What I am currently thinking, is making a box out of Plexi, Cutting a ramp square and heating the ramp square then bending it to go into the tank. I would then put something like astroturf in the basking area for squirt to lay around on. Gluing little aquarium gravel down on the ramp with aquarium grade silicone. and then having a roof with a nice size hole cut into it to allow a clamp lamp with uvb bulb to penetrate into the basking area, and another hole cut into it for a heat lamp.

Anyways, those are just some thoughts on my basking area, that will probably not be built until squirt gets a little bit bigger. 

No comments: