Sunday, March 23, 2008

complete tank cleaning

Last night I kinda got forced to do a full tank cleaning. It was due for one, however I was getting by nicely with only siphoning. I picked up some tubing that was 1/4 inch instead of 1/8 for siphoning. I started siphoning out the tank and had taken out about half the water, and the tank was looking nice and clean. Thats when I decided I would lift out the filter to clean the cartridges. When I lifted out the filter, everything the filter had sucked up in the past months blew up in the tank, because I did the removal wrong. Ugh. So Now I took apart the whole tank, drained it, cleaned the filter, cleaned the tank, cleaned everything, and set the tank back up. 

It went nicely and I had the tank back up and running in about an hour and 10 minutes.  

And of course, right after I set up the tank and place squirt in there, he takes a big poop. Ugh. 

Thanks for reading. 

No comments: