Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sand Update

Well I have had the sand for what, 2-3 weeks, and it is still going great. The tank water has remained very clean, and I have only been replacing evaporated water as needed. Squirts poo just sits on the top, along with other debris to either get sucked up by the filter, or get netted up by me. 

If you are thinking about sand, I recommend doing it! If you are reading this and have any questions about the process of switching to sand, feel free to post a comment here and I'll answer it. 

3 comments:

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

CEHey Chris! I just cleaned my tank today (again!) added some river rocks on the bottom - Sheldon seems to really like re-arranging his "furniture!" I am still searching for a decently priced tank in the 50 - 60 galleon range - am very intrigued with the sand bottom!
Went fishing on San Diego Bay Sunday afternoon - I brought 3 spotted Bay Bass on board before my husband and his buddy caught their first - HA! Girl Power!
We also caught 2 Halibut, but not legal (so had to toss them back!).

PuccaFunnyL0ve said...

Wow, nice tank set up for your RES!!!!

محمد فر said...

Nice

My Turt blog is :

http://lakposhtha.blogspot.com/

see it