Saturday, April 19, 2008

Loves his lettuce.

I gave squirt his usual shell sized piece of lettuce this morning, but when I checked back 30 min later it was all gone! Normally it takes him all day to slowly munch his piece of lettuce. So I gave him another piece of shell size lettuce which he ate in 30 minutes. I decided that was it for veggies today, Can't have a fat turtle on my hands! 

I still have been procrastinating on re-planting that plant. I was going to net his poop and then re plant the plant but he ate the poop already so I thought I would let the plant slide. 

Who knows though, its only 8:25 so I might fix it before I go to bed later. 

2 comments:

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

Hey Chris! Hope you had a good weekend
I think Sheldon the Wonder Turtle got too many worms when I first had him (before I found the website) so I am having some trouble getting him to eat veggies. He definitely goes after the pellets now, and I fear I give him too few, but then I look at my fat dogs and cat and remind myself that I tend to overfeed!

Chris said...

Well Sheldon is still small if i remember correctly?

He will eventually start eating Veggies, Just keep offering them!

I have been feeding Romaine lettuce BTW, The second I drop it in the tank he tears across the tank and rips up his lettuce. It's hilarious. It's like Dude, Calm down, it's only lettuce. Ha!