Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Strawberry!

I thought since my mom has a garden with way too many strawberries ripe at once, I would give one to squirt for variety.
So I grab one, cut a few slits in it, and then clip the stem into my veggie clip. I stick it in his tank and he comes right over. He looks at it like what in the hell is this! and kinda did the flutter motion without the shaking to see if he could break it up smaller. Then he bit the berry a few times, and ate most of what he bit off.

Then, He lost interest! He didn't pick at the berry again all night! Little Bastard. haha

In hindsight, I should have cut the berry into small strips and let them float around the tank. Maybe he would have eaten better that way, The veggie clip is still new to him and he seems to like chasing his food around rather than having it in one spot constantly.

Anyway, Let your turt get a taste of summer! give him/her a piece of fruit!
(not too often though, once a week max, and no bigger than what would fit in their head since it's high in sugar!)

No comments: