Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Digital Timer

I got this a few days ago, and man, how awesome. I had been a bit behind the curve with getting a timer, and had been just turning on the lights when I woke up and when I went to bed. Squirt was getting a bunch of weird hours of light, varying from 11-14 hours a day. That's not cool. 

So we had a timer, but it was an older type that had the push pin style of setting it. Needless to say, I tried to figure it out, but it was a son of a bitch to set, and I ended up just giving up on it. 

I got this Tabletop digital lamp timer. How awesome, It is SO easy to set it's ridiculous. All you have to do is set the time, press set, select the on time, press set, select the off time, press set. Done! so frickin easy. It has a double timer kind of thing where you can set 2 cycles per day, but that's useless for me. 

Anyway, I set it so that it comes on at 10:15AM and goes off at 10:30PM. This way it suits my summer schedule a bit better and gives him 12 hours and 15 minutes of light. Now he can get on a real schedule. 

It was only like $12 bucks too. And it has a 300 watt capacity. But I don't even come close to that, 60 watt basking bulb, 25 watt fluorescent strip light, and a 15 watt UVB tube. So that's only 100 watts being drawn. Maybe give or take a few watts because I'm only guessing about the wattage of the strip light. 

Anyway, Good stuff, Get a timer if you haven't already!


No comments: