Saturday, April 5, 2008

Siphoning the tank, Gone wrong....Again!

I went to do the siphoning of the tank today, and had the whole tank spotless after a little bit of siphoning. Thats when it went wrong. I decided I was going to clean my Fluval internals media. I lift the filter out somewhat carefully and slowly, But I should have done it fast..a bunch of crap blew up into the water! UGH!

So I take Squirt out and put him in a corner of my room and close it off so he can wander freely on a little patch of carpet. I then siphon out all the crap, clean the filter, scrub the dock down and everything else.

Thats when I decide that the Slate rock slabs I have had in there for a few months are looking bare and boring. So I go and grab a bunch of large river rocks and place them in the tank along with the slate. So now the bottom of my tank is black and tan slate w/ lots of river rocks. It looks very nice if you ask me.

So I put the dock and filter back in the tank, plug in the heater, and decide I should give the lone guppy a buddy or few. Well I gave him 4 more buddies so there is now 5 guppies in the tank. We'll see how long that total lasts....I doubt very long. It's kinda funny all the guppies school together and kinda hang with each other.

Now the tank is all set back up and I just saw Squirt basking about 5 minutes ago. He loves his basking!

I'll post some pics of the newly arranged tank tomorrow... To lazy and tired to do it tonight.

thanks for reading

No comments: