Friday, November 21, 2008

Got a new filter

I bought a Fluval 404 the other day on Ebay.. $85 brand new, shipped w/ media. Very good deal I think. So it came on the 19th and when I got home from school I set it up. It was a bit tricky to get everything right, and it ended up taking a couple hours. I had to cut the intake and extend the outflow to get it where I wanted it, but in the end it worked great.

For my media I have this; top to bottom order. 
  1. pantyhose filtration(polishing)/carbon pack
  2. biomedia
  3. biomedia
  4. fluval prefilter blocks
It was a bit tough to prime, but I searched on the cichlid forum when I was trying to prime it and it said to fill up the canister with water to help with priming... so I did that.. pushed the priming level, then plugged it in and it started right up. 

I like this filter a lot so far. does a fantastic job. 

I'll report again later on this filter and update it as I go. 

No comments: